SLIDER

  •  photo slide2_zps99dc8ebe.png" />
  •  photo Slide1_zps1714c1ae.jpg" />

An Elopement Cake

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Thursday night I finished this Hawaiian themed cake for an elopement party the next night. I'm not a huge fan of cascading flowers and what you might think of as a Hawaiian cake. I took my idea of a tropical cake and deconstructed it. I used the ocean and some of the native flowers as my inspiration. I ended up creating 'waves' out of fondant and a gumpaste orchid. I wanted the colors to be soft and elegant in an ivory and sage green. The elopement party was held at Los Poblanos Historic Inn and Organic Farm which is absolutely breathtaking. Although it was a Hawaiian themed cake, I also wanted it to have the same feel of the romantic Los Poblanos.

The cake was a lemon cake, lemon curd filling and a champagne lemon buttercream. The flavor of the cake was soft and elegent, married with a slightly tart curd filling and finished with a buttery smooth lemon buttercream with that kick of champagne.

I had so much fun making this cake and wish all my clients were like this one who let me have free reign to run with my ideas!






2 comments:

  1. i just read like all your cake posts. i'm swooning. you need to get one of those hovering PIN IT buttons! your cakes would be pinned right and left. you have such talent, gal! where did you learn all this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you!!

      I do need one of those buttons!!! Both of my grandmas taught me to bake when I was younger. When I was 21 my good friend got married and asked me to make her cake. Looking back, it was scary! Haha. But I'm glad to say I've learned a lot since then! I hope to get back to baking in the near future.

      Delete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger